Thursday 21 February 2013

Fresh: Petal Sugar Lip Treatment & Birchbox Event

Hey everyone! So what about this weather we're having over here in the UK, ey? Especially in London..it's so confusing! Today, especially, was so cold - Just when you think winter is over with and spring's on it's way, winter comes back to prove that it's here to stay (for a little while, at least!)! This weather has a huge effect on my skin, especially my lips - I feel that I usually have to reapply lip balm every hour or so, because the wind is so terrible to them. In my January Birchbox, I received a sample of Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose - Instantly I fell in love, both with the way it made my lips feel/treated them and with the colour! I've been constantly using it for the past month, waiting for the opportune moment (or when I eventually ran out of the product!) to purchase a full-size of the product. Well, just to my luck, on Tuesday, Birchbox & Fresh held an event at Fresh's UK Flagship store - There was everything from mini-facials to sugar lip treatments, cocktails and delicious(!) cupcakes, a beautiful product range and delightful people to talk to.








 I chose to have a sugar lip treatment, and while I was getting it done, the consultant introduced me to Fresh's newest edition to their Sugar Lip Treatment in Petal.





Petal is a gorgeous, universally-flattering shade of pink that is perfect for the upcoming season. The product gives just enough of a tint to notice a slight, almost bitten-like stain on your lips, yet still looking incredibly natural at the same time. It's a shade that is perfect for everyday wear, since it's so natural and flattering. Just like the other products in the Sugar Lip Treatment range, it's extremely hydrating and nourishing for your lips, made with sugar (to gently exfoliate and prevent moisture loss), nourishing oils, such as jojoba seed and black currant seed oil (to deeply nourish), grape seed extract (to protect, smooth, and soften), as well as SPF 15 (to protect from damaging UVA/UVB rays). After using the Rose Sugar Lip Treatment almost religiously for the past month, as well this product (Petal) for the past few days, I can definitely attest that this product is a must-have in any makeup/skincare/lip colour collection, because it actually works and it's a perfect go-to for everyday use.

After the event, I also received some samples (You know how much I love samples!) of the Soy Face Cleanser and the Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream, as well as and Advanced Therapy Sugar Lip Treatment, and some yummy cola-flavoured gummies (much better than Haribo!) from The Jealous Life.



Overall, a great night with great products! What are your thoughts on Fresh? Have you used their Sugar Lip Treatments before?



4 comments:

  1. I haven't used their products but I would love to try them!

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fresh Lip Treatments and have always wanted to try their Brown Sugar Body Polish (mostly because I love brown sugar - I think I'd be tempted to eat it). Sounds like an awesome time! I'd die to go to an event like this. :) I love your blog!

    http://stephsbeautyboutique.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete