Monday 18 February 2013

February Birchbox UK: London Fashion Week Edition

Hey all! Sorry I've been a bit AWOL the past few days - Uni work has caught up with me (deadlines are coming up soon!) and my lovely boyfriend came round for part of the weekend to celebrate Valentine's Day. We had a nice meal inside, just the two of us, and it was really nice to be able to just relax and enjoy each others' company, since we've both been so busy lately.

I received my February Birchbox on Saturday, which was a nice accompaniment to the weekend. I was really excited in opening it, since I had no idea what any of the products inside would be - And after opening it, I still couldn't contain my excitement!




Ever since Joliebox merged with Birchbox, all I've seen are better and much better results. This month's box didn't dwindle my opinion, either! The theme for this month was to accompany London Fashion Week, so the box was packed with products to help you get through the festivities, whether on your own or at Somerset House. The magazine that accompanied the box this month was fantastic, as well - Full of great trends happening now, including what beauty trends to be on the lookout for on the catwalk this season; great interviews with Lena Korres, co-founder of cult-skincare brand Korres, as well as with Grazia's editor-at-large Polly Vernon; and of course, great beauty tips and tricks to try at home. I was really impressed with the magazine, and hope that Birchbox UK keep up with the amazing work!

Now for the products/samples, since I know you're all dying to see what they are..



Gerda Spillmann: Bio Fond Cream Foundation - I was excited to see how this product would work, as this is the same makeup that is used on the set of Bridesmaids and is apparently sworn by. It's a creamy, light-to-medium coverage foundation that eventually settles into a powder, creating a semi-flawless look. Unfortunately, I wasn't completely impressed by this product, as I think that I was given the wrong shade for my skintone - It wound up making my skin look orange in tone - Not very attractive! Also, I wouldn't recommend this product if you have dry skin, as it does eventually settle as a powder. (Side Note:  I did fill out my beauty profile back in January, as well! So I was hoping that that would've helped..) Either way, if you do receive the correct shade, and you're looking for a creamy, light-to-medium coverage, then this is definitely for you.

Korres:  Guava Shower Gel - This was actually the first time I have ever tried a product from Korres! I was really glad to see this shower gel in the box, as I've heard more than plenty reviews on how amazing their products are. This product smells absolutely amazing , a sweet yet soft scent that isn't too overpowering at all. It also builds up a nice lather, as well - I found that, combined with my buffer, I didn't need to use too much at all - which is something that I always look for!

Nick Chavez Beverley Hills:  Plump N' Thick Leave-In Thickening Mist - I had never heard of this brand before receiving their product in this month's box, but trusted that if Birchbox UK picked it for this month, it had to be decent! This is a leave-in volume treatment for lifeless, limp hair. It can be sprayed in either towel-dried or already dry hair and styled as usual, to give your hair that extra 'Oomph!' that's always wanted and needed! I loved using this product and felt that it actually worked on my hair pretty well - My hair naturally has a bit of volume after washing, but it can become limp so easily, and it's so annoying - So it was nice to get that back!

Vichy:  Thermal Spa Water (Limited Edition) - There's so much hype around this product, it's unreal! I had never tried it before receiving it in this box, but after one use, I think I have fallen in love! I've used refresher sprays before, but this one is quite different - It comes out as an actual spray of water, rather than spritz, and coats your entire face in a hydrating, soothing mist that dries within a few minutes. It also boasts to be naturally enriched with 15 minerals and 13 trace elements that are good for your skin, and can be used as a toner, to set makeup or just as a refresher when you need it!

EBoost:  Natural Energy Booster - I received one sachet of this product in my Birchbox as a 'Lifestyle Extra', which is pretty cool. I haven't used it yet, but thanks to my uni schedule becoming a bit tighter and deadlines coming up within the next few weeks, I know that this will probably wind up saving me through it when I need it most! It boasts to be a 'natural, nutrient-rich, no-crash tonic' that you just mix with cold water and drink to give you energy when you need it most.

Birchbox Eyelash Curler - This was the 'Beauty Extra' of this month's box, which I am definitely not complaining about! Ironically enough, I was planning on purchasing a new eyelash curler eventually, so this came to save the day! I'm sure you all know what eyelash curlers are, and how magical they are - I know for certain that if I didn't use one everyday, I wouldn't look nearly as bright-eyed and awake as I pretend to be on most days - But if you don't, then hop on that bandwagon straight as!

So that was my February London Fashion Week Edition Birchbox, proving yet again that Birchbox continue to do as well as they do. Have you received your Birchbox yet, and what did you think of it? Have you tried any of these products before, and what did you think of them?



1 comment:

  1. Your UK Birchboxes look fantastic! I was pleased with mine this month, but it's quite hit and miss in the US lol.

    ReplyDelete